Thursday, December 06, 2007

re-look at the re-focus.

Back in October I listed a few good habits that I wanted to re-establish when I returned to my office job and regular schedule. I still feel rather disorganized, so it's time to review those goals and remind myself of them.

1. Food - my eating schedule is better than it was, but there is still a lot of room for improvement. I haven't been planning meals for the week. I still come home from work and scarf down whatever I can get my hands on. (see Monday: dill pickle chips and a cornbread muffin)

To do
: 1) Pick a day to sit down and plan 3-4 dinners for the coming week. Preferably on a day when I can go grocery shopping. 2) Make some healthy snacks and/or have smoothie ingredients on hand (fruit, rice milk, juice).

2. Yoga - I've been going to lunchtime yoga (45 min.) but it's rather unsatisfying after the intense 1.25 hour classes at Core Studio. I've only made it to one or two classes at Core in the past month. Going to classes at Core is a lower priority right now, since I'm busy with other activities in the evenings now that it's the holiday season. However, it would be beneficial to work on a small daily home practice.

To do: sneak in a few half sun salutations in the morning, before my brain starts saying "hurry up and get ready for work."

3. Housekeeping - No improvement. The place is a mess.

To do: spend 15 minutes a day cleaning up one room in the house, right after getting home from work or dance class. Only 15 minutes. And rotate rooms, e.g. Monday I sweep the kitchen floor, Tuesday I dust the living room, Wednesday quick-clean the bathroom. Baby steps.

4. Dance practice - this is one thing I have been doing, although I haven't been especially organized about it. Unfortunately, it feels like I've been spending a lot of time going to classes and events and practicing and it's taking away from other areas.

To do: right now, keep the status quo. The previous items take priority.

5. Other stuff - I've been knitting lots, since I have a deadline for the secret project. (which is coming along nicely!) There is never enough time/energy for the crafty stuff, but it's a lower priority.

To do (in general): stop napping on the couch. Not sure how I will manage this, because sometimes I'm just so tired. More caffeine? Sugar? Less of those? I think I need to go to bed earlier. I don't think I'm low on iron or anything because I'm fine when I have to go out, but when I'm at home for the night I want to rest. With my eyes closed. LOL.

No comments: