Friday, October 19, 2007

re-focus.

Now that I'm going back to my old job ("the mothership"), I want to create some good habits and routines that fell by the wayside because I was so exhausted by the baking job. I haven't made a decent meal in weeks (and now I'm sick), yoga practice has been sporadic (every 2 weeks... I can hardly call that a practice), the house is a mess and laundry is piling up. I am definitely looking forward to making some lifestyle changes and devoting more time to those activities that feed my spirit and making my home an inviting and inspiring environment.

Number one: feed my body! I was going to put the yoga practice first, but really I need a well-nourished body before I can consider any physical activity. The food log will be resurrected!

Number two: establish a regular yoga practice. Back at the mothership, I'll be taking lunchtime yoga twice a week plus I'm aiming for one class a week at Core Studio. I would really like to create a daily practice, even if it's just 5 minutes.



Number three: get the house in order. Before I left the mothership, I had a good cleaning routine and was happy to have friends drop by. Now I'm afflicted with "can't have anyone over syndrome"! Must get back into that routine. It makes a huge difference when you feel good about your living space.

Number four: establish a dance practice. I've been pretty good about practicing, especially since I have a performance at the end of the month, but it would be beneficial to practice more regularly and be more organized about it. I feel like I've hit a plateau and look forward to seeing more improvement - but it won't happen unless I work at it.

Number five: knitting, reading, arts and crafts. All the fun stuff. Do it instead of sleeping on the couch. Keep in touch with friends. Spend some time with the T-man. Cuddle with the cats. OK, those last two things should be slotted under Number 1.5. I have so many plans for fun crafty stuff but where do I find the time?? Ay, there's the rub.

No comments: