Sunday, April 22, 2007

socks done!

OK, so the socks have been finished for a few weeks, I was just really slow to block them. And there is still one end that needs to be woven in.

Here they are, pre-blocking...

Oxo wanted to be part of the photo. At least he didn't lay down right on top of the socks! And the lovely socks, post-blocking and basking in the sun...

I guess they do look better after being blocked... Sock #1 (left) still looks a bit lumpy and the stitches are a bit uneven. Alas, blocking cannot cure all my knitting ills! Once they're on my feet, no one will notice anyway, not even me.

I am also blocking the sweater I knit over the winter, which has been piled up in the corner waiting to be finished for about 2 months now. It was such a big deal to me to knit a sweater, but once it was finished... meh... who cares. I still need to get buttons, but it can be worn button-less till then.

It's all pinned up like a science experiment. Not sure how to flatten the underarms... hope they look OK once I have it on. Mango told me that when she washed and blocked her sweater, she laid it out on the bed and then put towels on top of it because of her cats. Good advice! I put a towel on top of this one and Oxo found it to be a lovely bed, if a little damp. Hurumph.

No comments: