Sunday, April 22, 2007

new project.

I picked up yarn yesterday for my next knitting project: the Ribs and Lace Tank from Interweave Knits Spring 2007. Originally I was shopping for yarn for the wrap sweater on the cover, but I didn't love the colour in person, and the yarn was very close to my price limit ($10/ball) so I didn't want to make a hasty decision. Now that I've had more time to think about it, the wrap sweater in black would be very wearable... perhaps I'll go back next weekend.


Back to the tank - Romni doesn't carry the yarn specified in the pattern, so the staff helped me pick out an alternative (yes, she was helpful! you can't always count on that at Romni). Actually, she showed me a couple of options, and I decided on a slightly thicker yarn since I knit so loosely. Lucky me, it was cheap!! $3.49/ball. I also picked up some 5.5 mm circs, although I think I may already have some that size... My 3.0 mm circs are hiding somewhere, and I wanted to make a gauge swatch for the rib part of the tank (I get gauge with 3.5 mm but I'd like a tighter knit). This morning I noticed that my 5.0 mm circs are also missing, so I think they ran off together! I recall using them both not too long ago... they are probably tucked into a bag of yarn somewhere...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

test