Sunday, April 22, 2007

spring cleaning.

The weather was glorious yesterday (today is going to be glorious too! maybe even more so), so T-man and I took the opportunity to clean up the deck and get things organized for our container garden. Whenever I would look out the deck door, I would be saddened by the mess out there - we did not clean up very well in the fall, and there was miscellaneous junk around: broken pots, a tarp, tiles from the roof...

Before:

After:

Ah, much better! There is a sumac tree in the backyard, and those trees are prolific! At least 20 sumac keys in every plant pot and piles of them on the deck. We swept up leaves and dirt, wiped down chairs, tossed broken pots and put things away. I wouldn't say that we're ready for planting yet, but it's a start. Today I want to get some manure and new soil to supplement our old soil (I was doing some research on Friday) and we need to pick up a few new containers too.

No comments: