Saturday, April 14, 2007

new routine.

I am a bit worried about being able to get up early enough for my new job with PHM... hopefully she's not reading this LOL! I have to be there at 7 AM, 6:45 actually, and I am not an early person. Plus it will take me close to an hour to travel - an hour for sure by TTC, probably less if I bike. (I haven't done a test run yet, but my estimate is 45 min.)

Of course I'm ABLE to get up early, but it's going to be hard. So I decided that I will gradually get up earlier over the next couple of weeks (it's training):

Week 1: I have a conference Mon-Wed which starts at 8:30, so my goal is to be out of bed by 7 am and ready to leave the house by 8 am.

Week 2: Up by 6 am and ready to leave by 7 am. Ugh, just writing that is painful.

I'm not going to actually leave the house at that time - what to do? It has to be quiet because T-man will be sleeping, but interesting enough to prevent me from taking a nap on the couch. I thought about doing yoga or something, but it's better for me to get showered and dressed first thing. Maybe I could start dinner? Knitting and reading are too sedentary, I might just close my eyes "for a second"! T-man suggested that I use my computer - I can always waste time online. If I'm really ambitious, I could go to work early and work out at the gym. If I'm really really ambitious, I could travel to the cafe and still have time to get to work.

Week 3: New job starts! I HAVE to be up and at'em on time. Out of the house by 6 am. Up by 5-5:30 am.

I will reduce my morning prep time by showering the night before and wearing less makeup. (I can't go without makeup, that's downright mean. To my coworkers. ha.) My hair will be tied back all day, so no need to blow dry or style it. Don't worry, I WILL brush it! It will be very important to pick out clothes and pack my bag the night before - it's amazing how that eats up time.

I've been officially approved for the LOA from work, and some of my co-workers know... I shouldn't be so nervous about it but I feel like they'll all hate me 1. for escaping (ha ha) 2. for being smart enough to request the leave (thanks TH!) and, most importantly, 3. because they will have to pick up my workload. My job is not hard, and I haven't been very busy lately, but no one seems to like my duties. Oh well, it's not my job to manage work flow! Especially now!! And they probably won't hate me, I'm just being sensitive.

When do I start getting excited??

No comments: