Saturday, January 17, 2009

belly dance rehab - day 16


I've totally been slacking off this week. :( I didn't go to class or troupe practice on Wednesday, and although I was planning to work through a DVD or do something on my own, I didn't. Very bad.

Today was better - I wouldn't say that I'm back on track, but I did something and that's better than nothing. Actually, it's a very decent something!
  • private lesson with Roula - we talked about the different elements of a set and listened to music, then picked out an opening song to choreograph (1.5 hrs).
  • I spent about an hour choreographing. And it's only the first few bars! I was trying to figure out footwork, which directions to turn, and practiced with the veil.
Lately I feel like I'm all in my head, thinking and planning, and I don't feel like moving and getting into my body. At Roula's I was quite happy to sit and take notes. Uh, this is supposed to be a belly dance lesson!

I'm going to a Kathak workshop tomorrow, so I'd better get out of my head and get moving...

Total on Day 16: 18 hours

No comments: