Tuesday, December 16, 2008

a post about knitting, really?

Yes, really! Well, crochet as well as knitting.

First, some new acquisitions:
Rowan Big Wool Fusion
SWTC Bamboo
I bought these from fellow GTA Ravelry member Craftlover, who is moving out of the country soon and is trying to reduce her stash. I am so happy with my purchases! I wasn't sure about the books, since I have a lot of patterns already, but I'm glad I got them. It's great to meet other Ravellers in person!

Next, some finished knitting projects:

Ribbed Baby Sweater

I knit this for J & A's son Eli Henry, who came into this world a littler sooner than expected!

Pattern: Ribbed Baby Jacket by Debbie Bliss
Yarn: stash yarn - green kitchen cotton and Lamb's Pride Cotton Fleece in Putty for the collar
Needles: 4 mm and 3.5 mm circs

The cotton was hard on my hands to knit, and I ran out of the green with 2 rows to go. I've started another sweater for my nephew, and am using washable wool instead. This is a quick and easy pattern, and is currently my go-to knit baby gift.

Arm warmers for E

These arm warmers were a gift for E. and were finished at the beginning of November.

Pattern: Voodoo Wrist Warmers by Bonne Marie Burns
Yarn: Red Heart Ltd. Cotton Twist (50% cotton, 50% acrylic)
Needles: 3.5 mm circulars, I think. I did these 2-at-a-time magic loop style.

OK, that's enough for now.... I have more but I'd better space out my posts! lol.

No comments: