Sunday, March 16, 2008

old FO's.

I was cleaning out my armoire the other day and decided to "free" some old sweaters (i.e. give to charity). These gems are my first knitted sweaters, from 2002-2003.


The pattern called for stockingette stitch, but I decided to do garter instead. It kinda looks like chain mail. I wore it a few times after I finished it, but it’s been at the bottom of the armoire for the past few years. The cat has been sleeping on it, and you can see in the photo where her nails have pulled the yarn.


Pattern: Quick Pullover Vest from Yarn Lover's Room
Yarn: Grey acrylic


This boxy beauty is another ugh. A co-worker gave me a copy of Interweave Knits for Christmas, which was a super awesome gift as I'd never seen the magazine before. Such stylish sweaters! Models that look like cool people! Unfortunately I didn't know anything about substituting yarns and used an acrylic boucle instead of the called-for cotton. Plus it was my first sweater so my knitting skill was not great.

This was never worn. The neckline is funny and one of the shoulder seams is puckered. The yarn does not frog easily (it was recycled from a previous project) so this is going to the give-away pile. Maybe someone less fortunate will wear it, or some poor soul will buy it to re-use the yarn.

Pattern: Straight Neck Pullover by Suss Cousins, from Interweave Knits Winter 02/03 (re-printed from Hollywood Knits)

No comments: