Friday, March 07, 2008

busy busy.

This week has been a whirlwind of activity. T-man has his first art show in the city at Steam Whistle Brewing, and he's been getting ready for the past few weeks. I took the day off work on Tuesday to help hang artwork, and it was a full day on my feet helping our neighbour TK who was doing most of the actual hanging. (I was holding the ladder - not very exciting but important.) I missed bellydancing class that day, but went to troupe practice from 8-10 pm. I couldn't skip it as we are performing on Saturday night! So Tuesday was a very long day.

The opening reception for the art show was on Wednesday night and I went there right after work. (I was actually glad to be at work all day where I could relax!) It was a lot of fun, there was good turn out, but it is exhausting talking to people. And trying to say hi to everyone I should say hi to while making my friends feel welcome and not walking away in the middle of a conversation. It's hard to manage! I'm not very good at mingling. LOL. Anyway, after the show we went for a drink with T-man's friends which was hilarious. These guys are crazy. By the time I went to bed it was 2 am and I still had to get up for work the next day. I'm too old for that! ha ha.

Thursday I was super tired and didn't go to the gym for my favourite class. :( I was afraid of tripping on the step, and that class is intense. I used my lunch break to knit instead. Right after work T-man and I went for dinner with his parents at Epicure (veggie burger yum yum) but I had to run out early to meet E. to rehearse for our upcoming performance. After we practiced, we went to the Second Cup to get some sweet treats, which was a GREAT idea, thanks E! T-man and I watched a movie (Sunshine) and then I went to bed. Exhausted. I should have gone to bed early instead of watching the movie. Whoops.

Tonight I am meeting E. for some costume stuff right after work, then hopefully picking up some new contact lenses, then hopefully eating a good meal and doing laundry and a pedicure! Maybe sit on the couch and work on my socks which I frogged and cast on again. (they were going to be too big.)

I am looking forward to next week when all the events are over and done with, and we can get back to real life. T-man has been working on the art show and I've been getting ready for the performance (rehearsing and last weekend I was shopping for costuming), so we haven't had a lot of time for regular stuff. We need to do a big grocery shopping trip! Laundry! Make some good food! Play with the cats!

No comments: