Tuesday, January 22, 2008

updates.

  • I was not selected to be a juror. My panel was called for two cases, but my name did not come up for either of them. Phew!
  • The Jury Frivolity hat is knitted - I just about finished it while at the courthouse and knit the last two rows at home. Now I just have to sew it up... that may take a while. :)
  • Work socks will see some action today. I brought them to the office to knit on lunch break.
  • The secret gifty project has been cast off!!! (but I haven't cut the yarn yet)
  • I cast on the knit.1 tunic first mentioned here. My gauge is off so cross your fingers.
  • Caffeine cutback is coming along. I'm going VERY slowly. First I just cut back to one cup of coffee in the morning. I did that for about a week and a half. Now I'm starting to mix decaf into my coffee grounds, about one third decaf, two thirds regular. The first day was OK, but subsequent days have found me a bit sluggish. (I'm on day four.) I would like to use a grain coffee substitute as suggested here but haven't been to a store that carries it yet.
  • I bought a new bellydancing costume yesterday! It's an Indian-style skirt and halter top, so not a "real" costume, but I think it will do nicely for the performing opportunities that may be coming up this summer. Something casual but still shiny and festive.

No comments: