Friday, January 25, 2008

first FO of 2008.

The work socks are done! I finished knitting them today at lunch. I still have to weave in all of those ends (ugh) and block them... one sock looks quite a bit larger than the other! Hopefully it all comes out in the wash, so to speak. Pics to come.

De-stashing news: I don't have a huge stash, but I do have a lot of acrylic yarn. It's not good stuff, and I don't really want it around but didn't know what to do with it. Thanks to Ravelry, I have some options for de-stashing, in a charitable fashion! The CAMH is looking for yarn donations for their craft group, and a woman in Nunavut put out a call for baby hats and blankets for her local hospital. I look forward to sorting through my yarn bins and bags and letting some stuff go. Unfortunately it will be next week, as I'm going to Michigan this weekend for a family function. I hope to get a lot of knitting done on the 6-hour drive, if I don't get carsick. :)

No comments: