Friday, December 28, 2007

work socks.

Unfortunately for me, I had to work this week (not the 25th and 26th, but the other days) and there is not much to do. But I have to be there just in case. My manager knows there is nothing to do, so I don't have to pretend to be busy.

Enter the portable knitting project. The secret gifty project is now too big to carry around, so I started a pair of socks: striped toe-up on 3mm dpns using Wendy's Generic Toe-Up Sock pattern. I knit the short-row toe at home on Wednesday night, and finished the foot and heel at work yesterday. Yay! I'm cruising along. Maybe I'll finish an entire sock in 3 days - then another 3 months to knit the mate. ha ha.

Imagine if I could knit at work every day? Not all day long, just a few rows in between other tasks. That would be great!

Stay tuned for pics!

No comments: