Friday, December 28, 2007

post-christmas blues.

Ah, Christmas. So much stress and anticipation and then.... well.... bah humbug.

This year my family decided not to exchange presents and to bring food instead. It's a great idea - we can avoid the shopping craziness and take some of the cooking load off of my mom. No one knows what to buy each other anyway. However, it didn't turn out quite as I envisioned. I'm not all about the presents, but opening them gives us something to do. And the other people in my family don't looooooove food the way I love food. So dinner was OK. Kind of like a normal dinner. No one was excited about the fancy desserts from Dufflet, except for me and T-man. (and I forgot the leftovers at my parents' house - must pick those up! They won't eat the delicious little cakes and tarts. Oh they are so delicious!)

One thing I don't like about my parents' new house is that the Christmas tree is in the dining room, not the sitting room. So after we eat, we go to the "great room" to chill but there's no tree. There may have been some decorations up, but I can't really remember.

Sorry to whine! I have even more complaints but decided not to share them all. :) I just wanted the holiday to feel special, and it didn't. :(

And I missed watching White Christmas! I love that movie!!

No comments: