Friday, June 22, 2007

cornucopia.


T-man and I went a little crazy yesterday... We went to MEC to get another bike lock (I'm going to start double-locking my bike at work. It seems like overkill but a bike was stolen from in front of the cafe and I'm paranoid) and we ended up buying a couple of shirts, a couple of hats, and a million different kinds of energy bars. I didn't used to eat these things, but they are handy to keep in my purse in case I need a quick snack. I've lost weight since starting the new job, and I don't want to lose any more!

There are so many different kinds of bars and of course we had to get some of each flavour. And there are Power Bars with extra protein (24g compared to 10g) so I had to get some of those too. Do I need more protein or carbs or fat? I don't even know!

After MEC we went to the drugstore, and while I was browsing in the expensive makeup section, T-man was filling the basket with retro candy: Mike and Ikes, Hot Tamales and Goodies. He pointed out, but did not purchase, the rainbow-striped Twizzlers - perfect for Pride weekend! (Don't worry, T-man also picked up a new fancy toothbrush and a new tube of toothpaste.) I felt so good about not buying the $44 primer that I treated myself to the summer knit.1 magazine. Because I need another knitting mag full of patterns that I don't have time to knit. hehe. (I will eventually end up buying the $44 primer, although I hope that it's cheaper at Sephora, or perhaps I can find it at Duty Free. But that's a separate post.)

No comments: