Saturday, March 17, 2007

deliciousness.

I made a chocolate pound cake this afternoon. It's small, only loaf pan-sized, but that's OK. I hate it when my baked goods go bad and have to be tossed; there's only so much sugar we can eat. (Personally I love salty snacks. A bag of chips will never go to waste in this house!)

We haven't tried the cake yet so I hope it's good! I modified the recipe since we didn't have some of the ingredients and I didn't want to go shopping... egg replacer instead of eggs (this will make the biggest difference), vegan sour cream instead of dairy sour cream - you may think I made it vegan-friendly but I used real butter! (we didn't have marge) - I also added cocoa and nuts. The batter was sooooo thick and it took a long time to bake, but it looks good.

Here it is pre-glaze:

And after glazing:
The icing covers up the cracks quite nicely. Just for fun, here's a close up:

Yum.

No comments: