Saturday, May 30, 2009

hello? hello?

Well I guess I'm still on my blog hiatus! LOL.

It's been very busy in the Lanicraft world. I just finished up my applications to go back to university (eek! keep your fingers crossed for me), I've been working, I joined a tribal bellydance troupe, T-man and I started a community garden plot, and I've been trying to get some rest! I need more energy!

Tonight I have my very first paying bellydance engagement!!! There are four of us dancing at a pre-wedding party, and my teacher is singing with the band and doing a wedding procession type of thing. I'm very excited and nervous, as it will be my first time dancing for a Middle Eastern audience, and we're dancing to Om Kalthoum... to a live band. It's outdoors, under a tent, and I am very glad that it's a beautiful day today. There is a chance of thunderstorms this evening, but let's hope that they hold off until after we dance.

And here's a fun photo from my solo debut in April, so that you have something to look at besides text:

No comments: