Tuesday, March 03, 2009

belly dance rehab - day 62

I missed posting for over a week! Yikes! How did that happen?!

I kinda lost my dancing mojo after our last gig. I applied to go back to university last week, and that took up a lot of my energy. And I skipped class and troupe rehearsal last week to attend an information session at one of the schools. I'm behind, but hopefully not by too much... let's see...

  • day 58: bellydance practice, choreography (1 hour)
  • day 61: yoga class (counts for 0.75 hr) and hooping workshop with Sadie (2 hours)
  • day 62: two classes (Intermediate and Foundation) at Arabesque Academy with Bozenka from Florida - she is subbing for the dancers that are getting ready for the big show (2 hours)
Total on Day 62: 58.25 hours

OK, I have quite a few hours to make up! I really need to work on my upcoming solo - the studio hafla is in one month and I've committed to performing at another hafla in early June. I worked on my costume a little bit too. A few sequins had fallen off, and I reattached those as well as sewing the lining that I had opened up, and taking off some gold cord that the previous owner had added to the straps. It looked OK but was very uncomfortable. Now I just need to pad and add wire for shape.

The classes with Bozenka were great! She is in Toronto for some workshops on the weekend, and unfortunately I can't justify the cost. When I heard she was teaching some regular classes I HAD to go! We covered technique in the Intermediate class, and some challenging layers. I picked up a move that I want to add to my choreo. :)) The Foundation class was the basics, but still worthwhile. It's always good to review the basics, and I like learning from different teachers because they explain things differently and each have a unique perspective.

No comments: