Tuesday, February 10, 2009

afghan swap - phase one complete

I have now received all of my squares for the Knit Girl/Sexy Lady Afghan Swap on Ravelry. It was so much fun that a few of us are extended the swap to make bigger afghans! So the original swap, phase one, is complete and now I'm starting phase two.

But first, the final squares...

Square #10-received, a turquoise beauty knit by Hellcat. It matches perfectly with the swallows.

Afghan swap - square #10 received


Square #11-received from metalJune13, a badass skully on purple background:

Afghan swap - square #11 received


Square #12, knit by me for me, using up oddballs from the other squares I've made:

Afghan swap - Square #12

Er, not a great photo with the knitting needles holding it flat. It was before I had woven in the ends and blocked it. The pattern is Slip Stitch Dishcloth by Dilys Sutherland.

Square #11 for Ms. Pixie Riot is my own creation. The main square is plain stockingette, and then I knit flowers (pattern for the flowers from the Charlotte Purse in Knitting Little Luxuries), and sewed them on with buttons for embellishment.

Afghan swap - Square #11
Another crapola photo. Sorry for the funny perspective.

And that wraps up phase one! I mailed out two squares today for phase two (#1 and #6), and am halfway through #2.

Now, must get back to knitting...

No comments: