Monday, December 22, 2008

more squares for the afghan swap

Here's the latest square that I received from the afghan square swap:

It is the missing square #7! I don't know who knit it, as it was originally sent to one of the swappers who later dropped out, and her squares were re-assigned to people for whom she was supposed to knit squares. Confused?? I am! I'm not sure that sentence made any sense. Anyway, this "Star of David" square (just in time for Chanukah) goes really well with the pink square I received from Mimosa - it may even be the same yarn. I totally dig the stitch pattern!

The square that I sent to Clashfan77:


She loves it and I'm so happy! The pattern gave me some trouble. Clashfan77 hinted that she wanted a rock-n-roll themed afghan, so I picked out the pattern way in advance. I had tried modifying it for a 7x7 inch square for a different afghan project, got about 2/3 of the way through and then gave up. Even knitting it full size, without mods, was uninspiring... there aren't even that many colour changes! I'm not happy with my colour joins and the yarn carried behind is too tight in some areas. I definitely should have added the musical notes afterward, using duplicate stitch. But, I'll say it again: She loves it and I'm so happy!

No comments: