Wednesday, August 27, 2008

startitis

New project alert! As if I don't have enough on the go, with all the afghan squares and socks-in-progress and unfinished tanks and tunics... I started the Betty Wrap from Knitting Little Luxuries by Louisa Harding.

Betty wrap

My plan is to have it completed in time for my trip to Paris, at the end of September. I think it's doable, it's coming along nicely.

Paris shawl

I learned to put in lifelines in the lace sections. The shiny yarn was so slippery and I lost stitches and had to rip back to the first garter section. Grr. But now I know!

The yarn is Trendsetter Venus, and it looked much better in the skein when you could see all the variegation. I'm not sure this pattern is the best use for it... I originally wanted to make the Infinity Wrap from Interweave Crochet, but decided to try this one instead. We'll see how it turns out!

knitting little luxuries

This book is gorgeous, by the way. Beautiful art direction!

No comments: