Sunday, August 24, 2008

knit girl afghan swap - square #2 part 2

Here is the square that I made and sent to metaljune13:

Afghan swap - square #2

It was the first time I have done colourwork like that, and I'm very proud of how it turned out! The bird's legs are a bit wonky because I carried the yarn too tightly behind the work, but the rest of the bird is OK.

Pattern: #38 Bird Blanket by Jenn Jarvis, from the Summer 2007 issue of Knit.1 (Rav link)
Yarn: black is Mission Falls 1824 Wool, blue is Moda Dea Washable Wool, red is Naturally Hand Knit Merino et Soie 10 ply.
Needles: 4 mm

My plan is to make this blanket for my own house, and after working on the squares for the KG afghan swap it doesn't seem so scary anymore! I always think that afghans take forever to knit, but doing each square is manageable and then you just have to sew them together. (which will probably take me forever - I hate seaming!)

Oh, and the Moda Dea yarn is sooooo soft! and affordable!! (surprising, since I bought it at Romni)

1 comment:

Denise said...

Well done - I've been eyeing off that blanket pattern too... yours looks wonderful :)