Wednesday, February 27, 2008

party inspiration.

I randomly found this post on the Snapdragons blog (isn't that what the internet is all about?) and it has inspired me to host a meze party. Wouldn't that be a perfect get-together for the bellydance girls? Or for my non-dancing friends, as I had been considering having a party at which I would perform for them - nothing outrageous, just one or two songs, it would be good practice for me - and this menu would fit the theme very nicely.

I would omit the meat dishes, of course, and probably scale down the number of dishes so that I didn't go crazy trying to prepare everything. But can I just say - YUM!

Snapdragons: Meze party how-to
More photos found here: Meze, the morning after

1 comment:

Snapdragons said...

The dishes that people liked the best were the dumplings, the hummus, the walnut sauce, the red pepper and cream cheese sauce, the zucchini fritters, and the desserts. Almost no one touched the cacik, the eggplant dip, or the peppers. If I had remembered the feta-phyllo pastries, I'm sure they would have been popular. Good luck!