Sunday, July 29, 2007

carrot cake cupcakes.

These are not very pretty, but they taste(d) good! (There's only one left.) Vegan carrot cake, baked into cupcakes with a basic margarine-icing sugar-vanilla icing. The margarine is unfortunately not vegan. I used spelt flour instead of all purpose, since I didn't have any all purpose flour, and they did not rise especially well. No matter, it makes a nice flat surface for the icing!

Naked

Dressed

I should consider taking a cake decorating course - my icing sucks. I tried to get fancy and make curly cues using the spreader, but that obviously didn't work. Ha! Perhaps I didn't use enough icing... I had to ration it since I made a smallish batch of icing. Other cupcakes that I've ogled online have a huge pile of artfully swirled icing. But man! That's sooooooo much sugar. But it looks so nice.

My cupcakes are for eatin', not for lookin' pretty.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your icing doesn't suck at all. These look very appetizing to me! Thanks for sharing the link and for sharing your experience with the spelt. :)

lanipeeps said...

You are too kind!