Sunday, May 06, 2007

geared up.

On Saturday, T-man and I went to Mountain Equipment Co-op to get some bike stuff. Now that I'm riding to work everyday, I need to get set up right! It's a 20-25 min. ride, a little longer on the way home since I take the waterfront trail. We took my old bike from my parents' house last year (I got it in high school, but hardly ever rode it) and finally got it set up to use as a beater bike - both of our bikes scream "steal me" so they're not good for running errands and leaving parked for any length of time. T-man took off the neon green curly handlebars and the neon green stickers, put on straight bars, a light and a bell. The bike is too big for me, and I don't like the crossbar, but it will do.

T-man also fixed up my baby - I have new riser bars, new grips, lifted seat, a new dinger and the light re-installed. He tried to take the stickers off but they're painted on. :(


Om bike
(the model is Omega, but I'm dropping the 'ega')

I got some new gloves and shorts at MEC...


Not especially exciting, but I still wanted to put them on as soon as I got home and dance around the house! Actually, I pretended to be riding around the living room, which is even more ridiculous!! (gotta love the padded crotch - not so stylish but so necessary)

No comments: