Friday, April 20, 2007

let's review.

So how is my "wake up early" training going? I know you've been wondering about that heh heh. Here's a day-by-day review:

Monday: despite going to be late and sleeping terribly, I got up at 7 am and was out of the house on time... about 8:04 am. I had a dream that I had a bellydance performance with A., at my parents' old house, but I thought it was somewhere else and got in a cab to go there.... then I realized I had to go back to the house but there was all this traffic and I was going to be late or miss my first show! Oh no! It's so funny that the dream combined influences from the previous night (Layali) and the next day (I'm always worried about sleeping in and being late when I have to get up early for something).

Tuesday: not so good. I got up at 7:30 am and left the house around 9 am. It was too easy to press the snooze button - I need to set the alarm for an earlier time.

Wednesday: Again I slept terribly... no strange dreams, but I had a cold, and cramps, and I woke up around 4 am feeling really hot and uncomfortable. But I managed to get up on time (maybe a bit after 7 am) and out the door so that I could see Stephen Lewis speak at the conference.

Thursday: I didn't push myself to get too early, because I thought I would still be sick enough to stay home from work... but I slept well and felt better! Up around 7 am, and I was ready to leave around 8:30 am. (Checked Facebook instead heh.)

Friday: Obviously I woke up early, because here I am posting at 8:30 am! Last night I set the alarm a little bit earlier, so that I can press snooze twice before 7 am. The motivation is not there to be ready to leave by 8 am... there's no reason for me to be ready early so I end up taking my time getting ready. I'm OK with that. Being up and out of bed on time is the important thing.

It helps that the weather is turning spring-like... the sun streams in when I open the blinds and it's so quiet on the street. Am I turning into a morning person?!

Next week will be a challenge... up by 6 am. Yikes.

No comments: