Sunday, March 25, 2007

bread.


I've been dreaming about cupcakes lately, but I was practical and baked bread instead. I made Outrageously Easy BIG Bread which is true to its name. I use about 4 cups whole wheat flour to 2 cups all-purpose. I forgot about when it was rising (damn Facebook) and the tea towel that was covering the loaves stuck to the dough... I even oiled the tops to try to prevent it. Arrgh. Recipes that tell you to use a cloth LIE, stick with environmentally un-friendly plastic wrap. (if there's a secret non-stick method to using a tea towel, please share) Anyway, after that fiasco I re-kneaded and re-shaped the loaves and let them rise for a third time. It worked out quite well, I have 4 smallish loaves - well, 3 now because we've just about finished one. It is the softest bread I have ever baked! Soft like Wonder bread. (hmm is that really a compliment?)

It's delicious. That's all that matters.

No comments: